In 2013, Florida exported $85 billion of products, with truck traffic transporting goods along highways between railroads and sea ports. In 2017, to accommodate this increase in truck traffic and fix deficiencies in the existing bridges, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) identified the interchange at Interstate 10 and US 301 for reconstruction. FDOT hired Superior Construction to reconstruct the interchange by building new ramps and bridges that improve traffic flow and safety.
Project Fast Facts
- Client: Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Work Performed: Construction of 1.9 miles of roadway at a highway intersection over CSX Railway; demolition of 4 bridges; construction of 5 new bridges; 5,500 linear feet of retaining walls
- Project Schedule: 7 years, 3 months
- Completion Date: Anticipated completion: February 2023