The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is converting an existing diamond interchange at I-75 / SR 56 into a Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI). The innovative traffic pattern is meant to alleviate congestion, improve pedestrian safety, and reduce accidents in this rapidly growing area of Pasco County, FL. Superior Construction was hired to take over as general contractor when the original contractor went out of business.
Project Fast Facts
- Client: Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
- Location: Wesley Chapel, Florida
- Work Performed: Reconstructing traffic interchange into a diverging diamond interchange
- Project Schedule: 9 months
- Completion Date: Anticipated completion June 2022